It was in 1949 that Mr. Laurier Chartrand opened a neighborhood gas station and an automobile maintenance shop on rue Curé-Poirier in Longueuil. In 1975, Mr. Robert Chartrand takes over from his father as owner of the business. Little by little, while continuing to do automobile mechanics, the business specialized in the sale and fitting of tires.
Since the start of 2013, Pneus Chartrand Mécanique has been expanding more than ever and has acquired the Autopro Chagnon branch at 1700, from Perigny to Chambly, and a new franchise has been added to the group at 4880, Boul. Bourque in Sherbrooke. The 2 new branches are now the 8th and 9th points of sales and services of the Pneus Chartrand Mécanique group.
For several years, Les ateliers Pneus Chartrand have used the OCH Planner system in all their workshops.